Working safely near water: WaterWise online training available via Course Source
We’re delighted to announce that safety experts WaterWise are the latest publisher to join Course-Source. As a result organisations can now deliver the required safety training for all staff working on or near water.
The WaterWise Training Foundation eLearning Course was created jointly by the Canal and River Trust and the Land & Water Group (an award-winning civil and environmental engineering company based in the south of England).
This course is for any organisation that has staff working in a water environment, such as local authorities, leisure and hospitality businesses, maintenance suppliers, transport companies, building firms, land-owners etc. The course is intended to help to protect the position of employers with regard to HSE. It is nationally recognised by CSCS and is CPD accredited (3 CPD points). It is suitable for all levels of employees, contractors, or other site visitors and can also form an essential component in an employee’s induction.
The 2-hour course is divided into five highly interactive online learning modules and a final online assessment:
- Categories of Water: the different types of waterways and explains how each is categorised.
- Natural Features: the different natural hazards that may be present in a water environment.
- Man-Made Features: that may be present in a water environment and provides awareness of potential risk areas.
- Protecting Yourself: the importance of taking personal responsibility for oneself and others when working in any water environment.
- Protecting the Environment.
- Assessment (20 questions).
TRY THE WATERWISE COURSE ON YOUR LMS
Businesses with over 100 employees are invited to try these courses on their own LMS. Up to 3 evaluators within your company can review these courses on your LMS for 14 days. There’s no catch, please just confirm your free trial request by 30th June 2021 by calling us on +44 207 613 3444 or email [email protected] and quote “WaterWise Evaluation” and we’ll send you the SCORM connectors to upload onto your LMS.
The course can be viewed here (register/log on to Course-Source for free and instant evaluation access for e-learning buyers).